Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Water park

This past weekend my wife, son and I went to a Holiday Inn water park near Elk River. From what I can tell, these new water parks are designed so that parents can drink copious amounts of beer while kids play by sliding down water sides and scream around a lazy river. There were a number of life guards on duty which I'm assuming makes parents feel more comfortable to drink more. At least it did for me.

Whenever my job sucks, I'm going to be thankful that I don't work for a hotel water park. I can't think of a more miserable job. You get paid peanuts, work weekends, spend your eight hours listening to sugar-filled kids yell and scream, and worst of all, see fat parents in swim suites. Could there be anything worse?

While my son was a bit too small for the park, we all had a good time. The only thing that upset me was the pool bar didn't have Summit or Surly on tap. In fact, they didn't have any Minnesota beer on tap or in a bottle (plastic). I'm of the belief that all bars should have a local brew available for those of us, like me, who have a local pallet. And if they don't, then at least have some palatable imports. I ended up settling for Mich Golden and Sam Adams.

No comments: