Friday, February 20, 2009

Bullet Train

Though this goes against my conservative beliefs, I'm in support of a bullet train to Chicago. The Pioneer Press has a neat map laying out the proposed passenger train system in the Midwest.

Why you might ask? Because I think it would be cool for my son (and other children when we have them) to take a train ride to Chicago and watch a baseball game. Then take it back to Milwaukee to watch another baseball game. Then back to Minnesota to watch yet another baseball game.

Yes we could drive or fly. But my experience in Europe gave me an appreciation for trains (especially fast ones). And I think it would be a great experience for my family. Flying with a family is often too complicated. Getting on a train and spending 5 or 6 hours together cruising across America's country side sounds appealing.

No comments: