Friday, December 12, 2008

Doctor's Office

My blogging has been hampered by a sick child, finals, the 2008 Noland Christmas letter, and worst of all, work. However, it's Friday, which is a perfect excuse for letting extra work boil over until Monday.

I visited the doctor today to get a check up and get my prescription refilled. Our conversation went something like this:

Dr.: "Blood pressure looks good."
Mac: "Thanks."
Dr.: "Pulse looks good."
Mac: "Thanks."
Dr.: "Cholesterol looks REALLY good."
Mac: "Thanks."
Dr.: "Hum?"
Mac: "What?" I asked. "What is it doc? PLEASE TELL ME!!!," now frantic.
Dr.: "You've put on considerable weight."
Pause..........
Mac: "What do you mean? Are you calling me fat?"

I'm the first to admit that I've tossed on a few pounds recently (30 since getting married, 10 in the last year). However, when a someone is so blunt about it, makes you feel kind of funny (and defensive in my case).

I guess it's time to get back to diet pop and light beer. It was fun while it lasted.

No comments: