Wednesday, October 01, 2008

YMCA

After ten years at Life Time Fitness, I joined the local YMCA.  I liked Life Time Fitness, but I’m having an issue getting to the gym (I have a 14-month-old) and thought the YMCA, which is located next to my office, would be easier to get to during lunch.

Life Time is a really nice club.  The YMCA pales in comparison to it.  However, I’ve found that the Y’s amenities fit my needs.  I don’t need the Cafe, tanning bed, or tennis court.  I would like a racket ball court, but even that is not really needed. This is only my first week, but so far I’ve found the YMCA providing a nice break from my morning and afternoon work tasks.  While I miss some of the niceties of Life Time, the company provided shuttle seems to be a better fit.

As a side note; I asked the shuttle driver how many trips they take each day.  On average, from 11AM – 1:30PM they take 32 round trips.  It’s six blocks to the Y or 12 blocks per round trip.  In total, the driver puts on 32 miles each day to take people to and from the Y.

2 comments:

Scooter said...

How do you keep from sweating when you come back to work - I never have enough time to cool down appropriately (when I would exercise over lunch), particularly in the summer.

Mac Noland said...

How do you keep from sweating when you come back to work - I don't. You should see the drops running down my face.