Tuesday, December 25, 2007

One for Five this Christmas

Not counting the cash I gave her for new boots, I bought my wife five Christmas gifts. Socks, pajamas, sweat-shirt, fleece and camera case.

The pajamas came in a package. Kind of a suite of nighttime apparel. Since she only likes the bottoms, she'll be taking them back to see if she can get something "more her style."

She needs sweats-shirts. She told me this Sunday night. But the one I got her was the wrong size. And style I'd imagine.

The fleece is "really nice." Good colors she said. Unfortunately, wrong size. Hey we've only been married for four and a half years!

The camera case is an improvement on her current duffel bag like holder. While small, it's not quit small enough.

Socks. Yep, the socks worked out. She'll be keeping those.

By my figures, I'm one for five. I kind of expected this so my feelings are not hurt. In fact when I bought the gifts I joked with the checkout staff that they'd better toss in a gift receipt so my wife can come back in and get something she really wants. We all had a good chuckle.

It would be ingenious for my wife to fake it. I'd expect her to tell me if a gift does not fit or is a bit out-of-her-style. So while some people might be upset their gifts didn't work out, I'm actually proud. Proud of the fact that my shopping skills have not improved and that I'll never be asked randomly to help my wife shop. That means less time at the stores and more time on the golf course, racket ball court or hanging out with my son doing manly things.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: