Friday, December 02, 2011

My Time. My Boys.

Many of you may have wondered why within the last year I've written a total of four blog posts, this being the fifth. Oddly enough, my lack of anything remotely personal, such as blogging, has disappeared now that I have not one son, but two. It's not so much the diaper changing that swallows your time. It's the diaper change after the diaper change, followed by playing football and baseball - in the living room when mom's not home - and the occasional snow man, bath, feeding, doctor visit, and temper tantrum. It's amazing how much time those things take away from your personal space and time.

But you know what? It's totally worth it. Spending time with my boys is the greatest experience I've ever had. No, I don't have time for happy hour, blogging, working out on Saturday mornings, or reading a book a week. The things that fill up this space such as skating and skiing lessons, watching my baby army-crawl towards the Christmas tree, educating the oldest that to get a good swing on a ball you have to come down on the ball (even though it defies what your mind is telling you), are things that I wouldn't change for anything in the world.

Now, off to watch Handy Manny and scream at the oldest to clean up his toys.

No comments: