Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Surgery Today

Two weeks ago we decided to get "tubes" for my son. He's had 8-10 ear infections so we felt the surgery was justified.

I'm not of the nervous type, but I have to admit, I'm a bit nervous today. If the surgery was for me, there would be no concerns. However, when it's your child, the procedure often pains you more than it does them.

From what I'm told, inserting tubes is pretty straight forward. My brother had it done when he was little. Our nephew had it done just a few years ago.

Wish us luck today.

3 comments:

TSnide said...

Good luck!

Three of my five kids had tubes put in for the same reason you mentioned. High insurance deductibles notwithstanding, it was a good decision each time!

Scooter said...

My brother had tubes. I was fortunately tube free, and that seems to have been passed on to my daughter. Although she did have a GI problem where they strapped her to a table the first time I left home on business. I think my wife still has a grudge against me for that one.

Good luck - it'll all come out all right.

Mac Noland said...

Thanks for your concerns and support! Everything turned out fine and we're glad to have it done!