Friday, November 14, 2008

Review: Cold Spring Pale Ale


I picked up a six pack of Cold Spring's Pale Ale. I asked the unfriendly store worker if it was new. He shook his head in a manner such that one could hypothesis it was. Typical of city workers. And one of the many reasons why I don't understand why governments run liquor stores. They stink at it. A private owner would have given me the gory details (e.g. promotions, delivery date etc,) that I was looking for.

Anyway, Code Spring has a nice offering. I'm a big Pale Ale fan so just about anything with fine hops will tickle me. I can't say it lives up to Summit, which is the best Pale Ale I've ever had, but Cold Spring's is good. I recommend you pick up a six pack and try it for yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so get this. Stupid budwieser (Spelling?) has an EPA now. AND, i went to majors in apple valley a few weeks back and they stopped serving Summit and instead only served this budweiser EPA. I started to laugh and almost left. can you believe that? this is minnesota for crying out loud.

Mac Noland said...

I'll never go there again. Large corporations shouldn't be in the business of producing fine Ale.