Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Greatest Party Night Ever

Tonight marks the year's greatest party night ever. It's the night when antiquated partiers dust off their drinking pallets and toss a few back with old and new friends.

Not for Mrs. "N" and I though. IV was up at 6:15 this morning, which is only slightly before normal. Have you ever had to get up early after a full night of drinking? I have and vow to never again.

I've found that as I get older, the greatest party night ever turns into the worse hung-over Thanksgiving ever. Throw in a 1.5 year-old and you have a disaster on your hands.

Thus, Mrs. "N" and I will probably get dinner, visit the book store and spend a relaxing night doing laundry. I know it sounds boring, but when I pop up at 6:15 and drag my son down stairs for milk and a cereal, that boring night will be well worth it. As for the rest of you, have fun tonight and toss one back for me!

3 comments:

Scooter said...

Isn't one of the benefits of getting old learning how to pace your alcohol to get to the pre-hangover line without crossing it, while still being able to drink copious amounts of beer, wine and hard liquor simultaneously, at least when it doesn't interfere with your medication? I've been hang over free for a long time - I intend to keep it that way. I hate ruining the next day and I'd feel guilty if it impacted hanging out with my daughter because I'm unwilling to crawl out of the sofa chair (for alcohol reasons. Being unwilling to climb out of it because I'm lazy is another semi-guilt-free issue).

Mac Noland said...

What I find odd is even pacing doesn't help that much. Maybe I'm becoming allergic? How horrific would that be?

Scooter said...

When I got the restless leg crap, my mother suggested that perhaps I was becoming allergic to alcohol as it had happened to my father. Sheer force of will will ensure that never happens.