Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Want to buy a lighthouse?

If you missed it, Duluth is selling off a lighthouse that sits adjacent to the lift bridge. Being I spent four years drinking - and going to college - in Duluth, I know of this lighthouse well. Even though I wouldn't mind having a lighthouse added to my personal portfolio, it's probably something that I can't afford.

Let me ask you this; if money was no object - as if you were Bill Gates - would you buy the Duluth lighthouse? Just so I'd have a talking point while sipping a cold one at Grandma's Marathon, I'd probably buy it. And then I'd scream at people when they came close to my property. "Hey you kids! Quit $%&#ing around near my lighthouse."

And as long as I was at it, I'd see if one could buy the Duluth Fog horn. Then I'd schedule it to blow once an hour. Maybe on the half-hour if people started to bitch.

No comments: