Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Expecting a galling separation

On September 1st, 2008, Life Time Fitness and I are separating. This would be the second time in almost ten years that we've decided to go our own ways.

Though I've never been, and hope to never be, through a divorce, my understanding of exiting your contract with a fitness center can parallel splitting with your wife or husband. Consequently, I was expecting a galling experience.

I was wrong though. If you cancel on or before the 5th of the month, your contract can be terminated by month's end. I was fine with this and somewhat expected it. The contract you fill out is short and painless. There was no therapy session to try and change your mind. In all, the process took be less than five minutes.

I'd like to thank Life Time Fitness for all their service. I'm not leaving the club because of anything they've done. It's simply more convenient to take the work provided shuttle across the street to the YMCA.

No comments: