Friday, July 25, 2008

Al Gore's "We Can Solve It"

Don't tell my republican brethren, but I've signed Al Gore's We Can Solve It campaign.

While I'm a registered republican, I totally disagree with their energy policy (i.e. more oil exploration). More oil exploration to ease energy prices is like taking aspirin for a slipped disk in your back. While it temporarily eases the pain, there are structural problems that need addressing.

I'm interested to get your opinion on Gore's effort. That is, how do you feel about his statement: "America must commit to producing 100 percent of our electricity from renewable energy and other clean sources within 10 years."

P.s. I'm almost 100% sure that Gore's effort was heavily influence by Minnesota's own, Thomas Friedman. If you've read Friedman's columns for the past two years, he's been pushing for Bush to start a 10-year challenge to solve our energy problems.

No comments: