Saturday, May 17, 2008

Drinking Summit at the Zoo

My wife and I bought a season pass to the Minnesota Zoo. We figure since it's just two miles from our house, and we have a 10-month-old son, a season pass will more than pay for itself.

Today we decided to exercise our pass and go for a walk. It was either walk around and look at animals, or walk around our neighborhood and watch fat men work in their yards. You could argue both provide similar entertainment.

We expected it to be a zoo, as in busy with kids running everywhere, but as it turned out, most people were leaving so we missed the crowd. Thank god!

As we made our way towards the "Farm" path, I noticed a familiar sign. After doing a double take, my eyes lit up and I screamed at my wife, "they serve beer here! And it's even Summit!"

Never one to turn my back on a Summit, I ordered one and even thought about getting two. They charged $5.25, which would normally cause me to comment on the aggressive pricing, but I was so taken by the offering that I even tipped. Tipping is apparently quite rare at the Zoo as the young gale didn't really know what to do with it. I suggested she keep it for herself and smiled.

The rest of the walk was pure joy. I got to spend time with my family looking at animals (and some people I felt might be animals), all the while enjoying an ice cold Summit. Does life get any better?

1 comment:

Scooter said...

We should meet up in the parking lot with a 12 pack before the zoo. It would be cheaper.