Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Dilbert Widget

After putting my son to bed last night, I decided to see if I could add a Dilbert Widget to my personal website macnoland.com. Like all things, this turned out taking more time than expected. No fault to Dilbert though. In addition to adding the widget, I was upgrading my .NET Web Project (which my personal site is written with) from Visual Studio 2005 running under .NET 2.0 to Visual Studio 2008 running under .NET 3.5. While I was able to finish it, the process wasn't as friendly as I first anticipated.

If you haven't checked out the Dilbert Widget, you should. There are a number of shapes and sizes you can choose from. I decided to take the 160 x 300 version and stick it right below my site navigation. Besides the crappy looking macnoland.com site, what do you think? Do you like where it's at, or would you move it someplace else in the site? Or maybe even use a different size?

1 comment:

Scooter said...

I read it via their rss feed. Queues them up for me so I don't miss any, even when I forget.