Monday, April 28, 2008

Sprint's plans to compete with AT&T

Spring will be coming out with a device called the Instinct from Samsung which is positioned to compete with the iPhone. From what I've read, the Instinct will run on something Sprint calls "EV-DO Rev A data network" which is supposed to be faster than what ever AT&T uses. It also has an operating system based on Java, which given Java's client side track record (think Applets and Swing), I'm concerned.

Will I buy the new Instinct? Well I have Sprint and really want something like an iPhone. Ideally, Apple would realize the market potential of launching the iPhone with other providers, but I have a feeling that is not likely. So, when the Instinct comes out I have plans to review it in great detail and possibly trade in my current device.

No comments: