Saturday, March 15, 2008

Cleaning the house - again

A few months ago we broke down and hired a cleaning lady. She comes once a month on the second Tuesday of the month. If you're keeping track at home, that means she showed up four days ago.

I'm the type of person who feels that a house can hold it's cleanliness for more than four days. Meaning if you're planning on having people over, just four days after a cleaning lady spent four hours scrubbing your house, you shouldn't need to do an additional clean. My wife disagrees.

My wife and get along well. But there are a few fundamentals that drive each other crazy. Cleaning the house is one of them.

To be totally honest, she has some good points. Yes, the kitchen rug could be shook. And yes, since we don't have our cleaning help vacuum the basement stairs, it probably needed a quick run over. However, I don't think the entire main floor needs to be vacuumed and swept, again. Remember, we just had a professional do it four days ago.

As I've become accustom to though, my opinions can be stated, but are hardly ever respected. Thus, I've spent the entire morning re-cleaning the house just four days after we had a well paid professional wash the entire house from floor to ceiling. And she wonders why I try to find excuses when the thought of having guests over comes up ;).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you better give up the idea of having guests over.

-Quote from unknown,
"Remember kids, a friend with weed is a friend in deed!!" :))