Monday, February 04, 2008

New Diggs

Well I've made it to my new cube, if that is what they still call this thing. It's a bit small, but I think we can make it work.

I've heard that Google likes to pack a bunch of knowledge workers together and then let them have at. We're not Google, but we are packed together. By rough estimate, I'm guessing my desk is five feet long by two feet wide. As for my cube, well the desk is basically my cube.

I'm actually pretty light weight here at work. I only have two boxes full of stuff. But it's looking even I have too much in my personal possession for this place. Thus I'll be bringing home a box full of books tonight.

I'd hate to see if the entire company went to these small things. When you're dashing off to lunch or your next meeting, take a look around. Do some of these people live in their cubes? How in the heck would they fit all their crap in a five-by-two cube? Hum, maybe that's the point...

No comments: