Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Work Nights

Tonight is my third work night in the past five days. Apparently management forgot to assign a resource to do some data definition compares in our large corpus database. On Friday morning, I was asked (more like told) we needed to have some software completed by Tuesday night to do the validation. The entire thing is a massive cluster fuck. And I plan on using this as an example when we're asked to fill out a 360 survey.

I've spent Friday and Monday night writing the software. Tonight I get to run it (10PM - 11PM). Why not do work at work? The work area I'm stuck in doesn't allow for work. It allows for openness, which also stands for chaos. I can't get in more than five minutes without having someone stop by my cube asking a question. I need a vacation.

5 comments:

Scooter said...

You're not inspiring me other than to work hard to ensure none of that happens to my direct reports.

t-snide said...

Working tonight, too. If your wife is handling it well, can you have her put in a good word for me to my wife?

David said...

No sympathy from me. We have to log on off shift at least once a week to watch someone do something.

Droidtrader said...

As management, I would have to wonder what happened between Friday night and Monday night. Seems like there was some opportunity to make up some of that slack ;-)

Mac Noland said...

Yes, yes, yes, I'm sure some work could have been done during the weekend. However, my wife was out of town so I was single parenting.

As of last night, the immediate cluster is over. I'm waiting patiently for the next one.