Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New York Times' iPhone App

The other day I added the New York Times' iPhone application. While you can hit nytimes.com with Safari, the user experience lacked pleasure.

The Times' iPhone application is great. You can drill down into the section you'd like (similar to reading the paper copy) and then increase or decrease the font size.

Though a moderate conservative, I'm a big fan of the Times and wish them well in their fight against being irrelevant. My suggestion to the Times is to either charge me $4.99 a year for the iPhone App (it's currently free, but I'd pay $4.99), or put in more advertising. The only advertisement I've seen is a reference to the Times' movie line.

If you have an iPhone, check it out. If you don't have an iPhone, continue to buy the New York Times paper copy. It's a great read.

No comments: