Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Review: Memorial Day

Last week I finished Vince Flynn's Memorial Day. Without wrecking the ending, the plot involves some angry Muslims who have devised an elaborate, multi-bomb plot to nuke the United States. Mitch Rapp saves the day. Basically what I was kind of expecting from Flynn.

Memorial Day is just over 500 pages. A pretty healthy read for a fiction thriller. While I liked the story, I think he could have cut out about 20-30,000 words (or 100 pages) and shortened it up a bit. Then again, there is no correct length for telling a story. And I've been known to be a bit windy at times so I'm not one to criticize.

I'm off to a non-fiction book (i.e. Busting Vegas), but being I've set a goal to read all of Flynn's Mitch Rapp novels, I'll be back reading another of his soon.

No comments: