Monday, February 18, 2008

First piece of mail from Google

I just got my first piece of snail mail from Google. It came from Ad Sense which I use to render ads on my three blogs and personal web page (macnoland.com).

Being it's Google, I was taken back on why they decided to use snail mail verses email. The package was a small postcard sized message that simply gave me my Ad Sense pin number which I need to collect my fortune. My assumption is, the pin is sensitive information and they felt more comfortable sending it via mail instead of over the wire.

If that is true, that makes some sense to me. Being I stand to collect just over ten dollars in revenue (for almost two years of using Ad Sense), a number of financial criminals would want to get their hands on my pin number.

No comments: